Who We Are
We proudly serve and protect the Alsip community.
Our dedication to quality and service is shown in our daily conduct and in being one of just 47 accredited police departments out of more than 800 departments in Illinois.
- Improved public communications and accessibility. The redesigned website is easier to navigate and optimized for mobile use, so you can access public safety resources and read the latest news from the palm of your hand, on demand.
- Boost social media presence to share information. Staying connected, sharing information, and collaborating online to keep our neighborhoods safe is critical. With regular postings we’ve grown our online followers by more than 30 percent and our Alsipian engagement has increased by more than 80 percent. Sync with us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and greatest.
- Increase easy access to alerts. We launched a mobile app to keep you posted with notification and more. Enjoy the app by downloading it for you iPhone or Android.
- Engage with you more. We’ve built on our Crime Prevention program and launched new ones to work with community members more often. Things like the Citizens Police Academy, where you can learn what it takes to become a police officer and how you can become an Alsip PD partner in fighting crime, Alsip Police Bike Patrol, and more are going strong.
- Proactive policing. We’ve implemented a Crisis Interventions Team, whose officers received specialized training in working with those who suffer from mental illnesses. We’re also addressing human trafficking in south suburb hotels and motels in partnership with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Violent Crimes Against Children division.
Thank you to everyone who helped make these visions become a reality, and I’m grateful for the enthusiasm from Mayor John Ryan and Police Committee Chairperson Rick Dalzell.