Alsip Police Department Social Media Guidelines
The Alsip Police Department (Alsip PD) uses social media to directly engage with the community it serves, give crime prevention tips, share public safety news, and solve and investigate crimes. Alsip PD encourages respectful exchanges of ideas and opinions, and it values freedom of speech and transparency.
Please know that when interacting with Alsip PD on social media, you are agreeing to the below governing principles that help foster an online community as safe as our neighborhoods.
Commenting on Social Media
Having a safe space to connect is vital to building that strong community, and Alsip PD may review and remove any content that violate that right for others, including:
- Vulgar, offensive, or obscene language and/or links to any materials that contain it.
- Inaccurate information, especially false statements designed to mislead others.
- Posts promoting crimes and illegal behavior.
- Comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for political office.
- Advertisements for businesses or commercial transactions.
- Comments unrelated to posted topics or the Alsip PD. Village service requests should be directed to the Village of Alsip at www.villageofalsip.org.
The views expressed in comments from the public on social media do not necessarily reflect the official views of Alsip PD or the Village of Alsip.
Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube have their own terms of service, content rules, and privacy settings to govern who is able to view materials you share or post. Alsip PD abides by these guidelines, which can be viewed here for Facebook, here for Twitter, and here for YouTube.
For questions regarding this policy or social media use, please contact the Chief of Police at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Policy as of July 2017. Policy subject to amendment at any time.